The University employed online technology solution to deliver various services of the Registrar including inquiry on grades / academic performances. Aside from web application, mobile application for smart devices is utilized to encourage clients to do online transactions instead of over-the-counter (OTC) transactions.
The Registrar’s Office also takes advantage of the Short Messaging System (SMS) technology for sending messages and notifications to clients and update them on matters concerning their transactions with the office.
REGISTRAR’S ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ACADEMIC RECORDS
The use of mobile application to transact has become widespread because of its ubiquity and ease. The University invested on this solution to bring services close to its client and improve response time.
The Registrar’s Services Online Application can be accessed through JRU Mobile App which can be downloaded from University website or at www.jru.edu entitled JRU Centennial Mobile App. The status of the application can be monitored through the View My Request icon. The clients are also notified on the status of their requests by sending them SMS.
2. JRU Mobile App Features
The mobile app menu features various services of the Registrar:
• Applications for Graduation
• Transcripts for Records
• Honorable Dismissal
• Certifications • Diploma – Second Copy
• Document Authentication
• Form 137
• View my Request
2.1 STUDENT MODULE using the JRU MOBILE APP on SMART PHONE
The JRU (Registrar) Mobile App also provides the access to the Student Module. Once the Application has already installed in the Android Mobile, the student can log-on into their Student Module.
On the upper right hand of the Mobile App, an icon can be clicked to sign-in the Student Module, as shown in the table below. Once logged-on, the icon at the upper left corner of the Mobile App can be accessed to view the different modules in the Student Module including grades. That is also reflected in the table 2.1, right side.
3. PROCEDURE IN USING THE MOBILE APP PORTAL
The Registrar’s Online Requests are available online through the Mobile Application.
1. To apply for Certifications, click on the Certifications icon , the window below appears on the screen.
2. Tick the type of Certifications being requested, Type of Claims and the Purpose of the Request. If the Type of the Certifications or the Purpose of the request is not in the choices, specify it under the Others field.
3. Specify the number of Copies. The amount to be paid is automatically computed. The Amount to be paid varies depending on the document being requested and the number of copies or requests.
4. The Request Validation should be properly filled-up
5. Click on the “C lick here to verify request” button to proceed to the next window
6. Another window appears on the screen, continue filling out the Request Form fields
7. Click on button once the form has been filled-out completely
8. A message appears on the screen with the Transaction Code and the total Amount and number of requests
9. Click on to complete the application