Privacy Notice for Employees
Your privacy is important to Jose Rizal University (JRU). We respect your privacy and we go to great lengths in protecting it. The Data Privacy Act of 2012 mandates JRU to provide you this Notice of our privacy practices. This Privacy Notice applies to the online services via JRU portals and application sites (“Sites”) and to other information collection and processing activities necessary to carry out JRU’s function as an educational institution. We are committed in protecting your privacy thus, we urge you to read and understand carefully the policy set forth herein.
This notice explains how JRU handles the sensitive and personal information of employees which include academic (faculty) and non-academic school personnel, interns, former employees, contractors, consultants and agency workers in the course of JRU’s human resources activities.
What do we collect and how do we use it?
As part of its human resource function, JRU collects and processes your personal information to administer your employment, our contractual relationship, and to comply with the mandatory government deductions and reportorial requirements. These personal information we collect and process may include the following:
- Name, address, date of birth, gender, photograph;
- Government-issued identification numbers, such as SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig for payroll purposes;
- Family background;
- Education and training background;
- Employment history and record;
- Payroll and benefits related information;
- Tax number; and
- Other employment related information
These personal information are processed either through automated and/or paper-based data processing systems. JRU have established routine processing for payroll and benefits administration and academic administration. On occasional basis, JRU also processes your information for performance evaluation, termination, promotion, re-hiring, and the other legitimate purposes.
What do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect and process personal information for the following purposes:
- Human Resource planning;
- Recruitment, staffing, and hiring;
- Workforce administration;
- Payroll, compensation, benefits administration;
- Evaluation and performance administration;
- Learning and training advancement programs;
- Pastoral Care;
- Processing of employment benefits, such as health, insurance and loan;
- Labor standards compliance;
- Other legal compliance, including compliance with government authority requests for information, liens, garnishments and tax compliance;
- Internal reporting;
- For the protection of JRU, its workforce, and educational community against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud or abuse; and
- Other legitimate human resource and education related activities.
Disclosure of Personal and Sensitive Information
In addition, we may disclose and process sensitive and personal information if it is needed for legitimate objectives of JRU or if it is required to comply with applicable law. Generally, JRU does not share information about you with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Under the law, JRU is required to disclose and/or process information under the following circumstances:
- In compliance with a legal obligation;
- To protect the vitally important interest of student;
- To respond to national emergency, to comply with the requirements of public order and safety, or to fulfill functions of public authority which necessarily includes the processing of personal data for the fulfillment of its mandate; and
- for the purposes of the legitimate educational interests pursued by JRU or by a third party to whom the data is disclosed;
For sensitive information, JRU is required to disclose and/or process said information under the following circumstances:
- When JRU is required by existing law and regulations;
- To protect the life and health of student or another person, and the student is not legally or physically able to express his/her consent prior to disclosure/processing;
- When necessary for purposes of medical treatment; and
- When necessary for the protection of lawful rights of persons in court proceedings, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or when provided to government or public authority.
Retention of personal information
JRU retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after any termination of our relationship with you.
What is your right with respect to your Personal and Sensitive information?
Subject to the limitations provided under the law and the policies of JRU, as the owner of the personal and sensitive information, you have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information by sending us a written letter of request. You also have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from JRU’s filing system subject to the provisions of the law and JRU’s policies. All requests for access or correction to Personal Information will be responded within a reasonable period of time. As part of this process we will verify the identity of the individual requesting the information prior to providing access or making any changes. JRU may impose reasonable fee for any copies.
JRU also respects your right to object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information that are not (a) required by law, (b) necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation; or (c) required to meet a legitimate interest of JRU as an employer. If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable accommodation.
Maintaining accurate personal information
JRU is required to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and you have a shared responsibility in ensuring your personal information is correct, accurate, and complete. Please notify Administrative and Human Resource Office (AHR) of any changes to your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
JRU may need to modify and amend this privacy notice from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. We will inform you of material modifications to this policy in the future by posting changes on this site.
If you have any questions about our policy or any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please do not hesitate to contact us through our Data Privacy Officer.
JRU Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Phone: + 63 2 5318031 local 48
Email: email at email@example.com.
You are also entitled to contact the National Privacy Commission, the primary agency in charge with the enforcement of the Data Privacy Act.
National Privacy Commission
Address: 3rd Floor, Core G, GSIS Headquarters Bldg., Financial Center, 1308, Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone: +63 2 517 7810
Updated January 2018